LAST UPDATED JANUARY 20, 2021
A word about terminology and roles:
- Everybody who comes to our site or otherwise uses our Services is a “User”.
- Everybody who signs up for an account at our site is a “Registered User”.
- A single Registered User can have multiple roles and can set up multiple profiles in their account on our site.
- Users can buy or reserve tickets to a live event offered through our Services (an “Event”) and attend that Event as an audience member. In that capacity we call you an “Attendee.”
- An Attendee may or may not be a Registered User, and may or may not have set up a profile on our site.
- When you organize an Event, you do so as a “Host” and you use your Host profile to set up and manage the Event.
- When you perform at an Event, you do so as “Talent,” using your Talent profile.
- When you offer physical space for an in-person Event, you do so as a “Venue.”
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide
When you visit or interact with the Services, Gathr may obtain certain personal information from you, such as:
- Names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses, and other identifiers;
- Records of your Event activity and other transactions with us;
- Information provided via surveys, focus groups, and/or other marketing research efforts;
- Employer and/or other company affiliations (e.g., employer names, titles, work addresses, and other contact information);
- Government-issued identification numbers;
- Social media user names, gender or other information you share on your Talent profile page;
- Audio or visual information, such as Event recordings or other recordings shared on a Talent profile page; and
- Other information described in the Information Collected Automatically section below (some of which is personal information).
We may also create inferences from this information or from other personal information we hold.
If you submit someone else’s personal information to us (e.g., someone else’s contact information), you represent that you are authorized to provide this information to us.
Information Collected Automatically
We may collect certain information about you automatically when you visit or use our online Services. This information may include your IP address, device identifier, browser characteristics, operating system details, language preference, referring URLs, length of visits, and pages viewed. We automatically collect this information using various tools and technologies such as cookies and web server logs. A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer, sometimes with a tag that identifies your computer.
We may use certain third-party web analytics services such as Google Analytics or Facebook Custom Audiences to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the online Services and serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. We may implement Google Analytics Advertising features such as remarketing with analytics, interest-based advertising, demographics and interests reporting, user segment analysis, look-alike modeling and impression reporting. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers as well as third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to provide Gathr with insight into behavior information relating to inferred visitor age, gender, and interests, and to deliver advertisements to you, create a profile of you, measure your interests, detect your demographics, personalize content, and detect online behaviors such as site visitation, dwell time and actions taken. For more information on how the Google Marketing Platform uses the data collected through the online Services, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ .
Information Collected From Third Parties
We may receive personal information from third-party sources such as other Users (including Hosts and Talent); our payment providers, information technology providers and other vendors; our business partners; data brokers; marketing companies; and from publicly available sources such as company websites and LinkedIn. We may receive personal information from other companies in our corporate family. Additionally, for certain features of the online Services, you may log in through your third-party social media account or share content from the online Services through third-party social media platforms. We may combine information that we have about you with information we obtain from third parties. When you submit information to a third party, you are subject to that third party’s policies and practices, for which we are not responsible.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use personal information about you to:
- facilitate and personalize the Services;
- communicate with you and facilitate communications by and among Talent, Hosts, Attendees, Venues, and other users of our services (communications may include marketing content);
- respond to your requests or inquiries;
- conduct statistical analysis of the content, layout, and features of the Services;
- improve the Services;
- prevent, investigate, identify, stop, or take any other action with regard to suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, or any activity that violates our policies; or
- for any other purpose, with your consent where necessary.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with Talent, Hosts, Venues, and others associated with the Events for which you register or Events in which you participate. For example, when you attend an online Event, your name (and video and audio from your webcam or device, if activated) may be visible to Hosts, Talent, other Attendees, and others associated with the event. If an Event is held for the benefit of a nonprofit, that nonprofit may receive some personal information about Attendees, Talent, and Hosts.
When you create an account with us, we will create a public profile for you. You can use the settings on our site to adjust your preferences regarding the public content of that profile.
Our online Services allow you to publicly post certain content.
We may share your personal information with other entities in our corporate family.
We may also disclose personal information when required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process, or in response to activities that are unlawful or a violation of Gathr’s rules for use of the Services, or to protect and defend the rights or property of Gathr or others. This may involve the disclosure of personal information to law enforcement, other governmental entities, or other third parties, depending on the circumstances.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will store personal information we obtain for no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the information was collected, or as otherwise required or permitted under applicable law.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING (GDPR)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), our legal grounds for processing personal information are as follows:
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal information on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities, such as the following, in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Provision of our Services;
- Customer support;
- Non-marketing communication, and some marketing communication;
- Protecting our customers, personnel and others; and
- Analyzing and improving our business.
We may also process personal information for the same legitimate interests of business partners and organizations with whom we work.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we process personal information on the basis of consent. For example, we may send certain marketing emails to individuals who have requested them.
- To honor our contractual commitments to an individual: Some of our processing of personal information is done to meet our contractual obligations to the individuals to whom the personal information relates, or to take steps at their request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them. For example, when an individual orders a ticket, we can process their payment information on this basis.
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You also can make certain choices about cookies and similar technology described in the “Information Collected Automatically” section above. You may opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google Analytics’ opt-out browser add-on , and you may opt out of interest-based Google ads using Google’s Ads Settings . To find out more about how certain third-party services manage the privacy of information in conjunction with delivering ads online, and how to opt-out of information collection or certain uses by some of these services, please visit http://www.youradchoices.com , http://www.networkadvertising.org , and https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice . Please note that we are not responsible for the opt out process of third parties.
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari on Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-ph/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
Depending on the laws of your local jurisdiction, you may have certain rights and additional choices with respect to your information. For example, laws in some countries outside the United States provide certain individuals in such locations the right to ask us to:
- confirm whether we hold personal information about them, and receive information about how it is used and disclosed;
- provide a copy of the personal information (in some cases in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) or transmit it to a third party;
- update, correct or delete the information;
- honor an objection to the use or disclosure of the information;
- honor a withdrawal of consent previously provided for the handling of the information (without affecting the lawfulness of prior use and disclosure of the information, or of uses and disclosures for which the law does not require consent); and
- honor a restriction on the use of the information.
For example, to the extent our handling of personal information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), individuals have an absolute right to opt out of our handling of their personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Many of the rights described above are subject to limitations or exceptions under applicable law.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we, our vendors, or any of the other recipients described in the Sharing of Information section above have operations, including in the United States or in other countries with data protection laws that the European Commission has not recognized as providing an adequate level of privacy protection. Personal information is typically subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and sometimes also the laws of other countries that have a connection to its processing, such as the source country. For this reason, your personal information may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of any of the countries described above, The pursuant to the laws of such countries.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Services may offer links to websites and other services that are not maintained by Gathr. By visiting one of these linked websites or services, you are subject to their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for, or able to monitor or control, the policies and practices of other companies.
The Gathr Companies, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
8228 Sunset Blvd., Ste. 309
Los Angeles, CA 90046